Welcome!

Linda JeffersIn a world of so many great photographers and writers, I am venturing into some unknown territories, leaving comfort zones, finally very willing to practice the art of seeing. By maintaining the practice of posting daily photos, I hope to continue learning about the possibilities that I trust are out there for the taking.

Come join me on my journey!

Escaped To San Jacinto Wildlife Refuge With Jen Late Yesterday Afternoon.

C3A8373.jpg

C3A8414.jpg

C3A8297.jpg

C3A8291.jpg

C3A8287.jpg

C3A8179.jpg

L1003067.jpg

L1003179.jpg

L1003189.jpg

L1003236.jpg

L1003310.jpg

WordPressStumbleUponRedditEmailPrintShare

10 Responses to “Escaped To San Jacinto Wildlife Refuge With Jen Late Yesterday Afternoon.”

1. Pat Yeo says:

Third one down is phenomenal! Love, love, love it.

• Thanks for letting me know the photo/photos you like. I had a great time being out shooting my camera (even though I was in the worst pain)! There were very different types of birds…most had migrated I guess.

2. Jim Keener says:

Beautiful series. It captures the place, and it’s a great idea to do the series on Red-winged Blackbirds. One of my favorite avian species. I’m jealous of both of you. Love.

• Jj, thanks for checking out this series of photos and for introducing Jen and me to the SJ Wildlife Refuge. We hardly saw anyone there. It was our solitary playground for the few hours we were there. What is the name of the smaller brownish bird in some of the photos? We’ll have to go back there after you move back.

• JIm Keener says:

We will have so many playgrounds to visit.

I think the brown bird in your photographs is the female Red-winged Blackbird. The males usually hang out together in big flocks, often called “clouds”. And the only time I’ve seen females, except in very large clouds with the males, is solitary. They’re very sweet.

There are more beautiful, showy birds. But few that arouse such affection in me. I love your images of them.

3. Mark Silva says:

Beautiful photographs! Love all the bird shots.

• Thanks for your comment Mark. I used a 100 – 400mm lens and shot from about 25 feet away from the weeds and birds. I’ve been back to this location twice now. Lost some of the late setting sun on these shots because of the moving cloud cover. Really like this time of late afternoon 5:30 to 6:30pm when the light is consistent.

4. Ray Jeffers says:

I love this set of photos. I want to go there with you.

5. JIm Keener says:

Your photographs from this visit are giving great pleasure and evoking some passion in your visitors responses.