Welcome!

Linda JeffersIn a world of so many great photographers and writers, I am venturing into some unknown territories, leaving comfort zones, finally very willing to practice the art of seeing. By maintaining the practice of posting daily photos, I hope to continue learning about the possibilities that I trust are out there for the taking.

Come join me on my journey!

PCT Class of 2010 bandana.

I wonder how many PCT (Pacific Crest Trail) backpackers read my blog.

Each year about 300 thru-hikers start out in late March through late April to backpack 2,660 miles along the Pacific Crest Trail. This adventure can take about 4 to 5 months. I backpacked the PCT as a thru-hike in 2002. On this adventure of my life, I met some of the best friends I have today. Two friends (Yogi and Cupcake) and I, following the completion of our backpack, wanted to give a gift to the upcoming year thru-hikers. Our gift had to be light weight, useful and memorable. We came up with the idea of gifting a bandana. The first PCT Class bandana was gifted to the Class of 2003 thru-hikers. Since then, each year for 8 years now, we have continued the bandana gifting tradition. Follow this link to read the story of the bandanas, located on the ADZPCTKO backpacking site.

Gotttago, Cupcake and Yogi

This is the first year we have used a color (pink) that may cause some grumbling. We’ll see.

This year's PCT Class Bandana

Share/Bookmark

29 Responses to “PCT Class of 2010 bandana.”

1. Freefall says:

Thanks Gottago for your gift to the PCT trail community! Pink is an awesome color!

• Linda Jeffers says:

Hey Freefall, I didn’t know you knew about my blog. How fun. Will you be at ADZ?
      Thanks for letting me know pink is ok.

2. Rebecca says:

I read your blog Gottago, though I haven’t completed my PCT thru yet! Maybe 2011, who knows!
    I think the bandanas are fabulous and if I were hiking this year, I’d say pink is just fine. Thanks for your continuing gift to the PCT community of hikers!

• Linda Jeffers says:

Hi Rebecca,
      Email me, ok? gottago at lindajeffers dot com.
      Thanks for letting me know you like pink AND that you like the color this year.

3. Joe Anderson says:

Hi Gottago, I happen to like the color. I also like that it’s risky but you did it anyway. To hell with what grumblers may say (or think). You guys ROCK!

4. I love it! Bold and daring, yet it complements any hiking ensemble!

The news surprised several at yesterday’s meeting of KO organizers, but I didn’t hear any outwardly negative reactions.

• Linda says:

Ok, now I can rest. You love the color!

I’m surprised the KO organizers were surprised. Meadow Ed has known the color for a while:-)

Can’t wait to see you Carl. I’ll be backpacking from the Border home, leaving April 5th and will have some extra bandanas in my pack in case I run into some early hikers who will not be coming back to the KO.

5. Alfred Fordan says:

Hi Gottago! I will be hiking the PCT this year starting at the ADZPCTKO, but will not be finishing due to time constraints. Regarding the color, I have to say that I associate the color pink with breast cancer awareness. Don’t know if this was intentional or not, but you are sending a good message nonetheless. Anyway, I think hikers are an appreciative bunch on the whole and I don’t think there will be a negative reaction at all to your color choice.

• Linda says:

Thanks so much Alfred. I like your color association. It was not intentional but now I will be thinking of breast cancer awareness when I look at the bandana.

6. Jenny says:

I think the color is awesome and I will rock your lovely gift – yep, I’m hiking again! Seriously, one of the things I love about hiking is the de-emphasis on gender roles, so I hope hikers aren’t actually complaining about something like this. On the trail, strong women are actually admired, appearance is less important, and most trail names are genderless (or, a la Girlscout, are gender bending). See you at KO!

7. greg says:

i wear a lot of grey so the pink goes great with that, how do i get one Linda i will be leaving after the kickoff

• Linda Jeffers says:

Greg, I give Donna Saufley (Hiker’s Haven) the extra bandanas left over from ADZ. She will have them at her house in Aqua Dulce. If for some reason she doesn’t have one, email me.
      Gottago

8. Yellowstone says:

I LOVE the color! Thank you, thank you. Actually it would not matter what color, your generosity touches my heart.

9. Squatch says:

Great job….when’s the psychedelic one gonna be a reality? :)

10. Junaid aka speshul41 says:

I still remember seeing you under I10, you were checking on the fruit, sodas, and water you were stocking there. I remember thinking at the time “wow! She does bandanas AND awesome trail magic, what a lady.” Pink is totally rad, and I’ll be wearing mine with pride this year.

And oh yeah, what squatch said.

11. OD says:

I didn’t get one of these bad boys until the Dinsmores. just want to say thanks, now it hangs on my wall.

12. Greg Hummel says:

No psychedelic, no camo, Tie Dye!!!! We want tie dye, we want tie dye, we want . . .

13. Dave Ferbz says:

I have to say thanks for your awesomeness. I was reading the back-country PCT thread. Laughing my butt off. I’m excited to get my bandanna=) I wear them all the time while hiking. Pink is going to be soooo rad. And speshul41 is going to wear a pink man dress for us all. It’s gonna rock. ==)))
    Thanks again,
    C Ya @ the KO,

Dave

14. Grumpy says:

Hi Linda,
    I was trying to complete the PCT this summer, but got rained out at the Dinsmores so came home. I started in 2004 (red bandana year) but my bandana was snatched from me in Oregon last summer. Do you know of any way I can get a bandana? I want to be carrying one when I finish (this fall or next year). A donation is of course assumed.
    Thanks
    KMcM “Grumpy”

• Linda Jeffers says:

Hi Grumpy,
      I must have overlooked your comment. Please email me and let’s see if we can get you a bandana, not a red one. There are no more of these. Sorry.

Gottago

15. Outstanding post, I conceive people should learn a lot from this weblog its rattling user pleasant. “Choose your pleasures for yourself, and do not let them be imposed upon you.” by Lord Chesterfield.

16. Thanks for every other excellent post. Ive a presentation subsequent week, and I am on the search for such info.